eLab – e-learning application builder
eLab, an eLearning course builder, enables the rapid development, integration, updating and deployment of eLearning courseware and content.
NEW IN VERSION 5.0
- Multi-lingual: French, English and Arabic
- Easy Image, Sound, Narrations and Flash integration
- Easier navigation
- More options and customization
- Automated SCORM Packaging
- Customizable templates to suit your needs
- Easy HTML editor integrated in all text fields
- and much much more!
The eLab Player is a light-weight (100K) and unique Macromedia Flash SWF  movie that is composed of a series of intelligent, interchangeable and reusable templated pages that manages the output presentation.
Build highly interactive e-Learning courses in a snap!
Easy to use, Easy to create!
This Flash movie can be modified, re-ordered at will and populated by content structured in the XML file it calls. In addition, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) technology is leveraged to format the data, so that every aspect of the final output can be controlled from the outside. With this approach, the instructional designer need only update the XML document to change any aspect of the content displayed in the Flash SWF movie.
Faster Development & Rapid Integration
The eLab Editor is a standalone desktop authoring application that enables the rapid integration of course content into pre-defined learning activities or Learning Objects. The eLab Editor permits the designer to determine the course structure, integrate the content, determine which media elements will appear, set quiz and interactivity parameters. Once the course is built, the eLab Editor generates an XML file and a CSS file that interacts with the eLab Player.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Rapid and easy e-learning development
Multiple learning activities
Great solution to accelerate your course development pace
Great enterprise solution
Easy SCORM integration LMS/LCMS ready
- You can choose to deploy the SWF and its linked XML, CSS and media files by:
- Uploading it into a Learning Management System or Learning Management System (LMS/LCMS)
- Launching it from a Standalone Web page
- Packaging it to launch from a CD-ROM
Fast and Easy Content modification and updates
The very nature of the eLab Editor is to facilitate rapid integration, manage product content, make modifications and update without the intervention of a Flash developer.
Because the content is separate from the player in a universal and flexible format such as XML, translation of the course text is simplified and rapid. The eLab Editor authoring application can be purchased on a per-use basis.
The eLab Player, which contains the interface, doesn’t require any modification unless of course it is to reflect cultural needs, i.e.: text flowing from right-to-left rather then left-to-right.
We can develop a custom player and additional custom templates to meet client’s needs.
Minimum Operating Specifications
- We confirm that both the eLab editor and player will operate on:
- Windows XP up to and including Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 and higher or MAC
- an Internet connection as slow as 56K
- Internet Explorer (v. 5 and later), Firefox (v. 1.5 and later), and Safari (v. 1.3 and later) browsers
- In addition, the end user or learner will also need the following:
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended)40 MB free hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 resolution VGA monitor and 32-bit high definition
- 16-bit sound card
- Speakers or head-set
- Flash Player v.8 minimum (free to download)
*** Use any username and password to access the application ***
PC: http://www.informusgroup.com/eLab_demo_setup.zip (Version 5.0 latest)
MAC: http://www.informusgroup.com/eLab_demo_mac_setup.zip (Version 4.0, latest mac)